Friday, November 12, 2010

A little bit about the woman behind Miss Priss Jewels


I recently got a few questions from a very popular natural hair blogger who was interested in writing an article about the ever so popular dreamcatcher earrings. She was also curious about me and a little bit about how I got started making jewelry.

How long you've been making jewelry?

Since I was a kid, I'd make beaded bracelets and necklaces and share them with friends and family members.

How did you start?

I've recently revisited the art of jewelry-making. I had a hard time finding unique and one of a kind pieces at reasonable prices. I wanted some jewelry making equipment for quite some time and I received it as a birthday gift. I created four separate jewelry lines within a matter of weeks - I was obsessed and so Miss Priss Jewels was launched merely weeks later.

What was your inspiration for the dreamcatcher earrings?

I have always been a huge fan of crochet earrings. The dreamcatcher line is my hip, fun and unique way of paying tribute to crochet art. I found that I was able to use yarn and beads and create master pieces. I still wear my very first pair of dreamcatchers to this day and continue to get so many compliments with people amazed by the unique technique and craftsmanship.


To the future and beyond...

We are currently looking into developing our products from trendy to more nature inspired pieces for the spring time. We want to cater to natural haired beauties who are excited to wear jewelry that is reflective of their respective styles and cultures around the world. Of course we will still be catering to our inner Miss Prissy trendies, but we are so excited to explore the diversity of all of our customers.

Of course there is much to be revealed about me in the near future. But I thought my responses would to these few questions would be fun to share with customers. Feel free to tell me about you, as I'm interested in getting to know you too.

All that glitters just might be gold.

Love, Peace & Hair Grease,
Miss Priss aka Kari
www.missprissjewels.com
missprissjewels.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment