Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us!


We are blessed and very excited to celebrate one year of business. Miss Priss Jewels has had great customers, friends and business affiliates over the past year. We are celebrating by offering a HUGE SALE on our Etsy site. The Etsy community has been enormously supportive and since it is the birthplace of Miss Priss Jewels, we figured there is no better place to have a sale. Be sure to check out our Etsy here if you haven't yet.



An Accident?

Yes! Well not quite, really it all began by chance. In March 2010, I turned 25 years old. For my birthday, my mom surprised me with an enormous (like one of those super giant sized) gift bags full of jewelry-making supplies, beads, tools, books and really anything that a girl could want. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better gift and little did I know that it was the gift that kept on giving. Just as soon as I got the goody birthday bag, I decided to begin making jewelry and within two weeks I had tons and tons of jewelry made. I'd somehow managed to create three completely different lines of jewelry. I loved all of the jewelry, but had more than I knew how to handle. I decided to upload it on Etsy and the rest is history!

It was quite rocky a year ago. I had amazing drive and focus with my hobby, but when I see some of the jewelry I created back then I cringe in embarrassment sometimes. I wonder if other jewelry artisans and artists in general feel that way? Needless to say, I have grown so much and matured creatively. I love making jewelry no less than I did one year ago and am so grateful to have the opportunity to make a living doing something that I love so much.

To the Future & Beyond...

I can only hope that our customers will continue to support and appreciate our handcrafted items. With each effort and each day I try to put forth a quality and uniqueness unparalleled to the mainstream. I realize that supporting handmade is not as common as going to ones local mall, but I am a firm believer that handmade items have a certain love and energy that can't quite be explained - it can only be experienced! Besides, what girl doesn't like receiving great jewelry in the mail?

A Message of Inspiration...

Throughout the past year, I have had doubts, sometimes regrets and even lacked faith. There are a billion and one handmade jewelry-makers online. Inspiring right? No! Okay so the truth is that there's competition and it has never been easy to generate business or to make sales. Lucky for me I make jewelry for fun and myself ! Had I not recieved the gift from my mom, I would have never revisited the art of jewelry making.

I'm human and I sometimes self-doubt. That doesn't mean that I am not confident in my decisions, rather - that I sometimes consider what other people think about me and my life decisions and doubts come from those considerations. Though I think of other's opinions, it has not caused me to stop doing what I've wanted to do for one moment. As a result, I am creating my own life and living my own dreams and you should too! Who knows where you will be in a year? You never know! I serve as an example that anything is possible for anyone.

Thanks to you all. We celebrate this anniversary together.

No comments:

Post a Comment